26 - Who Imagines the Future?
Tue, Apr 25
We will continue our unit on the future, today, considering who gets to make calls about what is and is not legal and ethical for future technologies.
Today's slides can be found here.
- Ethics of Invention: Technology and the Human Future, Sheila Jasanoff, Chapters 8 and 9 (See Perusall)
- Future Ethics with Cennydd Bowles Podcast
As we prepare for class consider the following questions:
- How might ethical imaginations be developed well for developing future tech?
- How might the government work with scientists and engineers to create ethical boundaries around developing technology?
- When is it important to include the public in decision making?